This will be the first time in over 20 years that a nuclear power plant has been constructed in the UK with development taking place over the next 7-10 years.
This development will provide enormous opportunities for the local economy and partners are working closely with EDF and Central Government to ensure the best outcomes for the area in the long term.
Taunton is set to become a major business centre for Hinkley related businesses and suppliers. Hinkley Point C is providing an exciting opportunity for the growth of the town.
Areas of work which are in development include skills, housing supply labour streams and supply chains.
These web pages provide further information on:
• Hinkley Point Community Fund - Find out how community based organisations can access funding.
• Hinkley Tourism Action Partnership - See how Hinkley helps support tourism.
• Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) - The SPD is intended to assist potential developers, in formulating their development proposals.
• Community Impact Mitigation Fund - See how funding available can support community improvements.
• National Policy Statements for Energy
• National Infrastructure Directorate
• Hinkley Point C Recent Planning History - Find a useful table of submitted planning applications to West Somerset Council
• National Grid's Proposals for Grid Connections in Somerset - Details of the National Grid proposals can also be found here: National Grid Website
Documents relating to the development consent order can be ound on the National Infrastructure Directorate pages.
If you require further information on Hinkley Point C, please contact:
Alternatively telephone the Major Projects Team on 01984 635211